• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant download any form of adobe win. 7 64 bit

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i clicked "install now" on get.adobe.com/flashplayer nothing happened. So i looked it up and found a forum that gave steps on how to properly uninstall and delete any traces of adobe. I followed the steps by downloading the adobe uninstaller and running it when it was complete i restarted my computer. After rebooting followed these steps:

Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories.  (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if you are using a 64-bit system)

%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player

%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Verify that the files “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl”, "FlashPlayerApp.exe", and "FlashPlayerInstaller.exe" in C:\Windows\system32\ (for 32-bit systems) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (if you are using a 64-bit system) have been deleted.  If any of these files cannot be deleted, use Unlocker to remove them from your system.

Note that you may not see the .exe suffix on FlashPlayerApp.exe and FlashPlayerInstaller.exe, depending on your Explorer settings.

After completing those steps i went back to the website and it let me save the installer exe. file to my computer, I then closed the browser and went to my "downloads" folder. I right clicked on the exe. file and selected run as administer" and nothing happened. So i did it again and this time a error messaged popped up and said "only one instance of this application can run". Leaving the error messaged up i help ctrl alt delete and went to the task manager. I then clicked on the "processes" tab and  i ended the two processes that had to do with the installation of flash. Then i went back tried to run the exe. file again and nothing happened. Obviously if i try to run the file again its going to say i can only run one instance of the app at a time, so what can i do? I tried a clean download and finally got the exe. file to save and now it wont run. I have windows 7 64 bit and there is nothing that has to do with adobe on my computer at all. So can someone please help me with a solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the instructions mentioned in the below article,

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Regards,

Devendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but i already tried it and nothing on that page was a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

We've received a few reports of nothing happening when the online installer is launched, however, we have not been able to reproduce.  I'd appreciate it if you could run the online installer in debug mode to obtain a log file.  Instructions are as follows:

1. Download the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer (note the save-to location).
  2. Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button and in the Serach box type: cmd.exe
  3. When the Command Prompt window launches, drag the installer from the location it was saved to onto the command prompt window hit space key and type /debug
    • It should look similar to (the actual file name may differ): C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe /debug
      • Note there IS a space between the file name and the / and there is NO space between / and debug
      • If there are spaces in the directory path, the command needs to be encapsulated in quotes, for example: "C:\Documents and Settings\labuser\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe" /debug
  4. Click Enter to proceed.  The installation process will begin.
    • When finished, if there are errors, take a screenshot of the installation dialog window and close the window.
  5. A file named host.develop.log will be saved to the same location the installer was saved to
    • You may notice the the online installer file is missing. This is because it deletes itself once executed, so it will no longer be saved locally.
  6. Post the contents of the host.develop.log file and the screen-shot, if available, by following the How to share a document instructions.

Alternatively, you can try using the offline installer (this is a full installer as opposed to the online installer which is a shim that downloads and installs Flash Player silently).  If you're not comfortable working in the Command Prompt, or just want to get Flash Player installed, a link to the offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows help page. However, we are unable to troubleshoot this behaviour without log files from machines exhibiting the behaviour.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i pushed enter nothing happened, its like something is preventing the exe. from opening but i dont know what it is. I ran two versions of security scans and no threats were found and i made sure no firewalls were stopping it, i just dont understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the offline installer worked, so that means there is a firewall blocking me from installing online right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

If you have a firewall installed, it could be the cause as the online installer makes several requests to our servers, and the offline installer, which doesn't, worked. You can check the firewall logs to see if it has anything logged around the time of your install attempts.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines