Expand my Community achievements bar.

text tool is grayed out in livecycle

Level 1

i have a form i have purchased adobe livecycle and changed the form fill in that i need ed to but i now need to change the text of the document and am unable to do so the text tool is grayed out

3 Replies

Level 10

That is probably because it isnt made in LiveCycle...

You may want to try printing the form as Adobe Reader PDF Form and then try to re-open the form in LiveCycle with the new file..

or

You will have to remake that form...

Good Luck!

Level 1

Correct it was created in acrobat and when I edit the form it tells me to use livecycle I can edit the fill in the blank and all is ok but I need to change the text in the document thanks for the help

et3 Ellis Lott

Alpha-Tech Computers

318-481-6697 Cell

318-442-3755 Office

Sincerely,

The information contained in this email message (including all attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the agent of the intended recipient, any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying distribution or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and delete it from your system.

The internet cannot guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interception or interference and anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept the risks in so doing. Without limitation, Alpha-Tech Computers LLC accept no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with the use of this email.

Level 7

Open the form, goto the edit dropdown and see if the Replace Artwork option is selectable. If it is, then you cannot modify the non form components of the form in Designer. You can however, create a new artwork pdf with your new text (with another application) then replace the artwork.