• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP No Single Source Layouts

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had my computer re-imaged and when RoboHelp was reinstalled my single source layouts disappeared. Let me just warn you I don't know how they get there in the first place I was given this computer when I started my job with RoboHelp already loaded and my layouts were there and I was happily publishing help files. Then something crashed on the computer and they (they being workstation support) re-imaged the computer and re-installed the program now I have NO single source layouts and cannot publish. Please help me get them back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, but this might have something to do with a licensing conflict. Might the RoboHelp serial number for your copy of the product be repeated elsewhere on your network?

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is RH otherwise working OK? Can you generate a printed document?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2007 Aug 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I cannot generate anything. Everything else is working ok though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has confirmed my suspicion. When RH installs, I understand it writes to the boot sector (perhaps "Linux Rules" could confirm that?) so when your disc got got reimaged, an essential part of the licence was lost.

You'll need to uninstall and reinstall from CD. That should enable you to regenerate outputs. Not sure if the layouts will come back. Are the layout files still in your project?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope.....I have no layouts in any of my projects....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Expected answer. I'm pretty sure the reinstall will get you generating help again but I cannot see how the layouts got lost in a re-imaging.

Unless you had backups somewhere, I don't think there is much else you can do. Does seem odd they went missing though. You are looking tor the layout files rather than the actual outputs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp