Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't debug in IOS 8 simulator

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've downloaded the new Xcode version 6 GM for Mac OS X 10.9.4 to debug and test my apps for iOS 8. I got the following error, see screenshot below.

I use Flash Builder 4.7, AIR 15 and the latest Xcode version

How can i fix it??

Thnx

Developer KDApps

Schermafbeelding 2014-09-14 om 13.43.35.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error with the Xcode 6 GM. It also applies to trying to run 7.0 or 7.1 simulators.

Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?

Thanks,

Parks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround on the forum of Starling Framework: http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/iphone-6-question

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1571152
I simply used IntelliJ to do the .ipa build, then after the error (but successful .ipa build), used ios-sim with the unzipped Payload/_.app using lines like the following in the command line to launch the app running in the simulator:

ios-sim launch ../../Payload/_.app --devicetypeid com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6  or  ios-sim launch ../../Payload/_.app --devicetypeid com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6-Plus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it worked using last AIR 15 beta 15.0.0.258 and Xcode 6.0.1. It works perfectly even debugging!

But if you use last Xcode 6.1 GM beta won't works. You should set the environment variable to use the device version that you want, just run this command in your terminal:

launchctl setenv AIR_IOS_SIMULATOR_DEVICE "iPhone 6 Plus"

I hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines