• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 3.0.1.9* crash issues

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADE installed on my laptop with Windows 8.1  and it keeps crashing whenever:

• I get to a certain page;
  • I use the scroll bar to get to a certain page; or,
  • I use the page number box to jump to a certain page.

For example, whenever I turn to page 337, which might be the problem-page-flavour-of-the-month, ADE will just suddenly "[stop] working", without any indication that it was having problems in the first place, and prompt me to "debug" or "close program". Choosing to debug will only lead you to close the program anyway, as Windows can't even find a solution to the problem.

I usually run Word 2010 and Chrome alongside ADE, and have previously done so about 4 weeks ago with no problems whatsoever. Furthermore, I have not encountered any crashes on my tablet using a third-party application.

I can understand if the reason for the crash was to do with the content of certain pages being difficult to process. However, the pages that I've been having issues with is text only.

If anyone can help me with this problem, I would so very much appreciate your help.

I have wasted so much time trying to fix this problem that I'm considering ordering the hardcopy of the book, which is the only e-pub I've got uploaded, aside from the default ADE book that comes with the download. The e-pub wasn't even that much cheaper than the hardcopy, and I might tell the online seller to reconsider having the users utilise ADE to access the book for the problems I've been getting, or at least provide an alternate program to download.

I hope I'm not the only user with this specific problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updated to 4.0

Wish there was some notice about this, or an option to scan for updates to the program.

I will retract my above statement, for now, and see how 4.0.9* goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines