• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Digital Edition not work in desktop mode for WIndows 8?

Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the most recent version of JAVA and then downloaded and installed Digital Editions.  I can open Digital Editions in desktop mode but when I select a book I cannot turn the page or move to a new page by any means.  The only thing that seems to work is to select a new page and then toggle between full screen and partial.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think ADE uses Java at all.

I run it in desktop mode in WIndows 8 and it reads books and turns pages fine: either using the left-right arrow keys,

or clicking on the forward/back buttons each side of the scrollbar at the bottom of the page.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0, and even though that isn't a bug for me it may be for you.

Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can't get digital editions to work - windows 8.  was loading downloaded books to Downloads.  changed to Documents\My Digital Editions

still nothing - notice the download doesn't specify for 8.  looked in software files but could not find a library specification - is this in a dll?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines