Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ToC books do not open in Chrome

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm experiencing an issue in Chrome where ToC books don't expand when clicked. I did a little research on the topic and found that similar issues have cropped-up before (see link below). The solutions discussed in that thread did not solve the problem.

I'm using RoboHelp 10 and the latest version of Google Chrome (Version 37.0.2062.120 m). Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

I think you need to be higher – 10.0.1.292 is what I’m running without issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the WebHelp output when you try to run it? Is it sitting in a folder on your local PC, or are you accessing it from a server where the address bar begins with HTTP://?

If you are trying to run it from a folder on your PC, that may be the issue. While it will work in many cases when run locally, WebHelp is really meant to be copied to a web server and consumed from there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can repeat the issue both online and offline. I thought it might be Chrome being weird with how it handles <frame>s and <iframe>s offline too, but it happens online also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What patch version of RH 10 are you running now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp version is 10.0.0.287

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to be higher – 10.0.1.292 is what I’m running without issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah-ha; That worked! Thanks so much for the tip Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, don't forget the 'patches' that became available after the 01 patch. There are several modified scripts that solve IE/Chrome issues. You can find an overview on: https://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp