• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Installation problem.

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, im here because im having a Certain problem with the Installation of Flash Player. The thing is. The Downloading Works like a charm. But once it shifts into the Installing Phase. It stops midway(Between 60%-80% progress) And tells me I do not have enough Permission To install Flash. Now, I read the Forums. I went through the possible problems and I tried running it as Admin. But.. It just Won't work. Aaaaand Since Firefox Somewhat Requires it. Well... I'd like Flash player to fully install itself on my computer so I don't have any problems !

Nonetheless.. Thank you for reading My possibly One amongst Many of these Pleas for help, but Im truly in need of it. This is just starting to get on my nerves xD;

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

There appears to be a permissions issues with the files, and the FlashInstall.log file would tell me that, but since you can't get to it, let's try to generate a different log file. Please do the following:

1. Download the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer(note the save-to location).
  2. Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button and in the Serach box type: cmd.exe
  3. When the Command Prompt window launches, drag the installer from the location it was saved to onto the command prompt

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problems trying to get Flash Player to load and then to work on my MBP. I just tried several different combinations of downloading with Safari. Better yet navigate to Adobe.com with Safari, find the Flash Player download page and try it from Adobe, if it doesnt work from Adobe's page then its probably somthing with OSX. Apple tries to protect its computers/users from being hacked and it could be that FireFox hasnt included a critical line of code that the Apple OS requires, who knows, try different ways till you hit on a combination that works. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I.. Am Not Using a Mac Computer However. Im using a Windows 7. The Installer is the problem. I run the .exe and.. Yea, In that. After I closed Firefox if its still opened. The Installation Phase keeps Not working with my aforementioned problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I cant help you with Microsoft stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its ok ! Thanks for trying !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome. Its issues like this that directed me to Apple products in the first place. I swopped over to Apple about 6 years ago and Ive never looked back.

Still I think it could be that your not getting a good download or somthing, try using the resident browser, go to Adobe's page and download Flash Player that way, who knows, it might work, what will you lose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Resident Browser" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, whatever browser came with your operating system, I think its typically Explorer for Microsoft products isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaah, I see. Well.. I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sadly did not work after downloading it with the resident Browser.
Gyazo - 892bcdb11737b91677a9f7898db882eb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, so dont stop there, did you download it from Adobe's page? just for this moment maybe turn off the firewall, is Java turned off, there are a lot of things to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get it from adobe's Page. Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player This one. Aaaand I just tried with the firewall Turned off. Didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please post the FlashInstall.log file from C:windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If you have a 64-bit OS, also post the same file from C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash.  See How to share a document to upload the files.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria ! Thanks for your reply.

This is very frustrating however... as Im the Administrator Account and it doesn't let me Open it, Nor even put it on Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "it doesn't let me Open it' mean?  Are you not able to open the \Macromed\Flash directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, I didn,t quite specify it. By "It doesn't let me open it" I mean The .log File. I can get into \Macromed\Flash Directory, and see what is inside of it. But I cannot access the FlashInstall.log. and again. Nor put it on Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a permissions issues with the files, and the FlashInstall.log file would tell me that, but since you can't get to it, let's try to generate a different log file. Please do the following:

1. Download the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer(note the save-to location).
  2. Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button and in the Serach box type: cmd.exe
  3. When the Command Prompt window launches, drag the installer from the location it was saved to onto the command prompt window hit space key and type /debug
    • It should look similar to (the actual file name may differ): C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe /debug
      • Note there IS a space between the file name and the / and there is NO space between / and debug
      • If there are spaces in the directory path, the command needs to be encapsulated in quotes, for example: "C:\Documents and Settings\labuser\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe" /debug
  4. Click Enter to proceed.  The installation process will begin.
    • When finished, if there are errors, take a screenshot of the installation dialog window and close the window.
  5. A file named host.develop.log will be saved to the same location the installer was saved to
    • You may notice the the online installer file is missing. This is because it deletes itself once executed, so it will no longer be saved locally.
  6. Post the the host.develop.log file by following the How to share a document instructions, or using the method you used in your previous comment to post the screenshot.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your Help Maria.
Here is the log, It might be attached to this post, but if it isn't. Here is the Acrobat Link. Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially, the permissions on the Flash Player directory and/or files installed that need to be replaced have been modified (most likely by some third party software) and this is resulting in the permissions error you are seeing

Do you have anti-malware/virus software running?  If so, can you disable it and try running the installer again?  If you get the same error you can try following the instructions here, How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?, to reset the permissions.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, Apparently It still Did not Let me get any further than What I Said in my original Post.
ALTHOUGH. I did get something new that I did not last time. I could choose my option to decide if I should be notified, Always update it, never update it. Soooo since in my research I saw I needed -that- to be at "Always Update it" I checked that. But It just stopped in the 70% Region Like My original Post. I only have Windows Defender as an... Anti-malware/Virus Software, I disabled the Real time protection which should disable it. Before. And just now. Which still did not let me progress any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooooo no one Can't Help me ? Cause I -really- Need this installed so I can Watch streams and such...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fhufuu,

Can you try again to post the FlashInstall.log file?  This file will provide more detailed information on what is happening and will help troubleshoot why installation if failing.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria, After what we did with the Permission Reset, It helped me to be able to obtain the FlashInstall.log File !
here, this should be it. Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.....have done everything as above and so much more. Have taken ownership, run as admin, deleted everything and tried fresh install, changed permissions......several times. What am I missing?

Im not as literate as the OP, so no idea how to take screen shot, among other things.

Please resolve this issue and post results. I will follow ideas given to Fhufuu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fhufuu,

Sorry, I didn't realize you had a 64-bit OS.  Please also post the FlashInstall file from C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. 

When was the last time you successfully installed Flash Player? Flash Player writes to the log file every time it's installed or uninstalled, and the last time the log file you provided was written to was June 17, 2013 when 11.7.700.224 was installed.

Also, since you were able to get a bit further with the last install attempt, can you run the online installer in debug mode again and post that log file.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines