Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Managed by Multiple Users

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK here's the scenario:

I run RoboHelp X5 on my PC and publish to a web server running RoboEngine 4. I need to give another user access to this project but Im not sure exactly how to go about it. This user is at a different site (connected by WAN).

Obviously I would need to purchase another licence. But would the new licence be for X5 or version 6?
If the project is stored on my PC, would it be best to move it to a server or replicate the project between the 2 PCs?

Anything else I would need to take into consideration?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You cannot buy X5 now so it will have to be RH6 and you will both need the same if you are working on the same project.

Don't even think about working on a project strored on a network drive unless the project is under version control. You must work on topics on your local drive. With version control, the required topics are checked in and out from the network so that you work on them locally.

The same applies to the remote worker accessing your hard drive. It will effectively be the same as a network drive and you will have problems.

If you will both always work on the same discrete areas, you could split the project and create merged webhelp but that would need a lot of links to be changed if you have links between topics.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp