• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with baggage files

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having quite a problem with baggage files in RH6. I did not have any problems with baggage files in RH X5 at all. This particular project I am discussing was converted from X5 and is about 250 pages. These are some of the issues I have encountered:

1. Baggage files have an X through them and are tagged as missing when in reality, they are there. I've read some of the posts on that issue and have to say, I have encountered some of the same iproblems. I renamed the file, attached the new file where it was supposed to be and the new file works fine. If I then try to delete the old file that RH could not ....no luck.
2. When I add baggage files to my projects, compile, and then try to view the baggage files from View Primary Layout, they will not open. I have to actually go to the Help folder and open the start page from there. Then the baggage files open in the right pane of the Help window. This is a real pain.
3. Although the baggage files open, now I seem to be having a problem with those. For example, I created several Excel spreadsheets with about 6-8 tabs each. I added each file as a baggage file, added a TOC page for each, and linked each TOC page to the appropriate spreadsheet. When the first TOC page (linked to a baggage file) is clicked on in the Help TOC, the spreadsheet opens in the right panel of the Help window and looks great. I click on each of the tabs and they display fine. Now, when I click the next TOC page, each time I click on a tab in the displayed Excel file - the tab disappears. The same thing happens for each Excel file after that. I have to close the Help system and open it again to start all over again.

I don't know if this is an Excel problem or a RoboHelp problem. I would really appreciate any assistance you might have on this. I am sure our clients are not going to like this at all. We have tried it on several different computers and it does the same thing.

Thanks,
Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look inside the rhbag.apj file. Open it with Notepad or similar.

Look for path errors or anything else you can find.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2007 Aug 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The file looks fine. Nothing strange there and no errors. My concern right now is the issue with Excel files attached as baggage files.

Any idea on why tabs would disappear? Also, any idea on why I cannot view attached baggage files from View Primary Layout? I never had a problem with that in X5.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp