Exit

WebHelp Left Navigation Pane Adjustment

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

RH11 / IE 11

I would like to get the horizontal bar on the left navigation pane to reset to 0 position OR specify width of left navigation pane to fit longest topic title. Once I generate WebHelp and view in IE, I see:

TOC1.jpg

When I begin browsing through my topics, left navigation pane creates a horizontal scroll bar that cuts off the left side (as shown below):

TOC2.jpg

Horizontal scroll bar is:

TOC3.jpg

The users must drag the bar to left position if they want to see TOC

Is there any way around this? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Hi William,

Thank you so much for your reply. I believe you've found the solution, however, my java doesn't match your java. Here's the spot I've isolated in the 'whthost.js' file:

Could you confirm if this is the right area and which line would be commented out with the double //

whthostjva.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thank you so much for your reply. I believe you've found the solution, however, my java doesn't match your java. Here's the spot I've isolated in the 'whthost.js' file:

Could you confirm if this is the right area and which line would be commented out with the double //

whthostjva.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find a javascript programmer to modify the whthost.js file. Adobe RH dev team should add this to their 'to fix' pile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... and they will if you post it as a feature request where they will see it.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp