• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE7 serial number won't work on Windows 8.

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Photoshop Elements installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it is registered on Adobe's site. I just got a new Windows 8 desktop and while I was able to install the program, it kept saying my serial number is no good even though I am pulling it directly from the "My products" page.

I talked to customer service via chat and they said PSE7 is not officially supported on Windows 8 (which I saw confirmed in this FAQFAQ: What OS does Photoshop Elements run on, or Will PSE run on my computer?). They said to ask in the forums, so I am here hoping someone can give me a hand. They also informed me I could potentially lose data since it is old software on a new OS, but I am willing to accept that risk.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you could check here to start, Error "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Creative Suite

and you could try installing with compatibility mode if this were an os issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines