• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed ADE and got incorrectly with first authorization, now cannot correct this, what next?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Here's my issue, I've installed Adobe Digital Editions epub reader. I was doing that first time and there's nothing about multiple accounts that need to have matching the same email address.

I selected "I want to authorize my computer without an ID". That was first mistake. Then I created myself new Adobe account and erased authorization in ADE. Tried to apply new authorization with my new AdobeID, still error opening the book.

After investigating and wasting few hours I managed to change the email address associated with AdobeID to match to book vendor HPPress.

Unregistered ADE and registered with correct email address, the book still doesn't open

At this stage I was able to install and open the book on another PC, but the first one (PC), even after software re-install doesn't allow me to open the book.

I've tried to find anything on Adobe website that would allow me to remove the incorrect association but no luck.

Do you think there is a way to erase authorization of the PC and use the correct one?

Thanks

Slav

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you are using ADE 4.0, then you will get an option to erase authorization.

Go to : Help -> Erase authorization

then again you can authorize your computer as: Help ->Authorize computer

Thanks

Shreya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Shreya, I've already done it few hundreds times

any other suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any error you are getting, if yes, please paste the snapshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22-09-2014 15-23-39.png

22-09-2014 15-24-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22-09-2014 15-25-56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The book that you are trying to open was downloaded when ->

1. ADE was authorized without ID ?

2. ADE was authorized with your new adobe id?

Please confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shreya,

At the first time ADE I tried to authorize pc without AdobeID (as that is overkill, another silly account just for one time use)

22-09-2014 15-56-59.png

then I downloaded the book first time,

that didn't work, so I had to create AdobeID, (fist AID was with different email address, which later I corrected, removing and authorizing the pc at each change)

final test that I've done was:

remove ADE from my pc,

remove the ebook from my pc,

install ADE,

authorize with AdobeID (correct email),

download ebook again,

22-09-2014 16-01-20.png

but still have error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try one more thing:

"My Digital Editions" folder has multiple copies of the book. You can get rid of all the copies except for the latest downloaded copy (with which you used your new Adobe id)

Deauthorize ADE.

Quit ADE.

Launch ADE again

Authorize ADE with id that you used to download the book.

Try to open the book again.

Hope this helps !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shreya

nope, that didn't work either,

I wonder if information about authorized pc is kept on my pc or on Adobe servers.

If that stays on pc I could try to search for registry keys that may cause whole this problem.

One would hope that if Adobe promotes DRM, would also have appropriate documentation and support if theirs product fails.

Now I know, and would promote this idea - do not spent a penny on any epub that has DRM! - not worthed!

Thanks

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines