• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp - how to create Number1 and Number list styles?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 11, I have multi-level lists and normal lists. The multi-level list will continue numbering after a break in the list, like so:

1. step one

2. step two

break

3. step three

If I want step three to start a new list, I go to the HTML and manually add a start="1" attribute. The normal list will start over at 1 after each break, and if I want it to continue I need to add a start attribute for wherever I left off.

What I want is what I use in FrameMaker: a list style for Number1 that I can add when I want to restart lists, and a Number/Number_next for continuing where I left off, without having to manually alter the HTML. I feel like I'm missing something because I can't find an option to create a list like this in the CSS editor, and I can't figure out what to add manually to the CSS file in a text editor that makes RoboHelp recognize what I want it to do. But obviously the option exists because the multi-level list and the normal list exhibit both behaviors that I want.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In RoboHelp (or HTML), there is no feature like you have in Frame. Both Multilevel list and regular HTML lists require you to set the numbering after you break.

An alternative way of working may be to not create real paragraph but to end line feeds pressing Ctrl+ENTER. This won't break the list numbering while you can add multiple lines.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp