• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As failed to process this document. No file was created - Acrobat XI any file

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I noticed yesterday that any PDF that I try to save as a word document, powerpoint, excel spreadsheet etc. will get to the step "Preprocessing file for export..." and will then be immediately followed by the error message "Save As failed to process this document. No file was created."

This happens with any PDF document that I try. Even simple word documents with only a few letters of text that I have converted to PDF with word then attempted to reconvert to Word docs using Acrobat XI.

Things I have tried already based on suggestions in other threads:

I have tried optimizing the individual PDFs and making sure they are "Accessible" by running the accessability report and fixing issues and by adding tags

I have repaired Acrobat XI using the Help -> "Repair Acrobat Installation"

I have repaired Acrobat XI using the control panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall/Repair

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat XI

I have uninstalled Acrobat XI then run the "AdbeArCleaner_v2.exe", then reinstalled Acrobat XI

None of the above steps have worked, the problem is still present and occurs with any PDF file that I try.

Also note: This problem has not always existed on this computer, I was able to convert PDFs to word documents less than 2 months ago.

My setup:

Windows 7 Professional x64

Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Suite

Adobe Creative Cloud

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

I was able to solve this problem by

1. running the remove hidden content​ tool and
  2. then using the Sanitize Your Document to save the PDF as a new document.

The second step generated an error that said

The document could not be sanitized because of ...

, but this error did not prevent me from exporting the file after saving it to a new directory, so it was ultimately insignificant.

Below is a screen capture I made of my attempt (click the image to make it larger):

GSPnCpm.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? I would love to help out the community by providing a solution to this issue. I'm fairly certain it's not only present on my machine. I've scoured the internet and found similar posts to mine, but none with a solution that has worked.

Does anyone have insight into any log file that may generated by an error such as this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V.Jackson,

Had the same problem here with the Acrobat XI on Mac.

i figured out that was some kind of problem related to permissions or authenticating with Creative Cloud App    

so quit the Creative Cloud App and try to export again.

for me works just fine.

Best.

Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update AA XI to 11.0.06? That might fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem is. Did you manage to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Acrobat XI  PRO on seven computers and laptops. Two of them gives an error when you try to save a document in WORD, EXCEL, Power Point, or when exporting to... error: Save as failed to process this document. No File was created.

But all good saves in the format of TXT and jpg.

I have uninstalled and restored and re-installed and the registry cleaned and removed using the special utility Cleaner Tool for Acrobat, but nothing helps.

On one notebook with Windows 8.1 and Microsoft office 2013, on another laptop with Windows 7 and Microsoft office 2010, the same problem, although there are computers with Windows 7 and Microsoft office 2010 and everything works.

Tell me where to find the problem and how to solve it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solution from here: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/How-to-fix-save-as-failed-to-process-this-document-no-file-was-crea...

Basically, export/Save As to PDF/X, then run Preflight > flatten transparencies (there are 3 of them, but high resolution worked for me) and then re-try the Save As > Word document.

This worked for me but I am using Windows 7 Enterprise sp1 x64, with Acrobat 10.1.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem running Adobe Pro DC on a mac running on Yosemite. I've tried all of the suggested fixes and I still get the same error "Save as failed to process this document. No File was created.". This is rather enraging, since it's an advertised function that seems to have a major bug. I really hope Adobe can address this or at least supply a fix for us to handle on our end. I thought this was going to be a promising solution to keep designers in InDesign and out of PowerPoint until absolutely necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently started to have the same problem and as such I am wondering whether there is a solution to the problem. A proper solution. Not a work around.

Thanks,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but it is only a few pdfs that I generate from another application that we are not able to convert to ppt. All other pdfs can be converted to ppt without any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this problem by

1. running the remove hidden content​ tool and
  2. then using the Sanitize Your Document to save the PDF as a new document.

The second step generated an error that said

The document could not be sanitized because of ...

, but this error did not prevent me from exporting the file after saving it to a new directory, so it was ultimately insignificant.

Below is a screen capture I made of my attempt (click the image to make it larger):

GSPnCpm.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the fixes I've seen on many different sites worked but after much trial and error, I found that when saving as XLSX, clicking on the Settings underneath "Save as type:", and selecting "Create Worksheet for each Table" fixed my issue.  Hope this helps someone.

Chris238461857y94_0-1656450750336.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the document to your desktop instead of a cloud drive and then export or save-as to your preferred MS file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go to Edit in Adobe

Preferences

Security(enhanced)

Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup(preview) and Run in App container.

Close Adobe and recheck if this remains unchecked.

This resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to convert document by changing the docx settings from "Retain Flowing Text" to "Retain Page Layout"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me too.  Other solutions noted above did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines