• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any issue regarding compatibility between Rh10 and 11 search?

Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 10 file in RH 11 by upgrading it. But search functionality is not working for pages created in RH 11, search functionality is fine with pages created in RH 10. I am using multiscreen html 5 output in IE 8 and safari (Mac). Please let me know

Message was edited by Peter Grainge Title put into body of question and body used as title.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE8 is not supported on the HTML5 outputs, so no surprise there.

Precisely how do you use the RH10 files? Upgraded a project? Are you sure the pages are in the output, not exluded with tags? Also, do the new pages have the 'Exclude from search' option enabled in the topic properties?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Even after upgrading the IE from 8 to 9, issue exists.

I upgraded RH 10 file in RH 11 and then started making changes. The pages appear in TOC, and never checked the 'Exclude from the search' box, and never checked 'exclude unreferrenced....' , right now also they are unchecked. still the issue.

Even in sample projects the search dont work.

If it was browser issue before upgrading IE, then why didnt work atleast in Safari, as RH 11 supports safari.

Please let me know solution for this,i need this urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to be a setting in that case. Does the search work if you use one of the sample projects? Also, if you create a new, blank project and add one or two topics. Does the search work in the output in that scenario?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Search doesnt even work in Sample projects. Have got salesbuilder2 and Employeecare2 project as sample. In both project it is not working.

What might be the issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after creating blank project adding two or three topics, search doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does search work in Firefox?

What operating system are you running Rh11 on?

Do you have the patches applied?

Are you generating the output to the same drive as where Rh is installed? (Just the same drive, not to Program Files).

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont have firefox. Not able to check in that. RH 11 installed on windows 7. Output and Rh 11 are in same drive C: because i am connecting to Windows 7 machine through Macbook Pro and windows 7 has only C drive. No other drives in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Patches applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that must be the first thing then. If the patches do not solve the problem, can you not install Firefox just to test?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested in firefox now. Not working there also.. same issue.

and have no patches applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if drives are same,output should not work in IE, but atleast on firefox and safari it should work. But same issue on safari and firefox also.

what can be done regarding this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, the patches are the first thing to try.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide me the link to download patches?

And where i need to place those files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access them by clicking Rh's Help menu.

You need admin rights to install.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Robohelp HTML - Help, have below options

Contents&index

Project Manger

Adobe web site

Adobe user forms

Online support

About ROBOhelp HTML

Improvement program.

From which of these options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong there. I have just checked both Rh10 and Rh11 and both have an Updates option. Also Project Manager has never appeared there to the best of my knowledge.

Hover over the menu to see if it reveals further options or right click a blank area of the toolbar and click Customise. Then click the Options tab and Show Full Menus.

Do you have admin rights on the PC?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You meant On Project Manager that accesses help on that when a topic is opened.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have admin rights..

Got Updates Option from Help Menu.

I do get 2nd option in help menu as 'On Project Manager' / 'On Topic'/ 'On TOC' dependeing upon the cursor point. If cursor on project Manger and then click on help menu, i do get 2nd option in help menu as 'On Project Manager' and same for TOC and topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had thought you were seeing Project Manager, then I realised what you meant and added another post.

Let us know if it all works after applying the updates and regenerating the help.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok sure. Thanks for the suggestion. will try applying patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

Please let me know from where i can patches for above issue for RH 11.

As suggested by william from updates option(Help menu) we can get, but i am connecting to windows 7 machine through macbook pro and in that machine we have RH 11.This machine is can't be connected to internet to download updates.

So please suggest me the link from where can i get updates files.

Please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Reena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, suggested by peter*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, Updates option is disabled in Help menu for RH11. How can i get patches now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp