• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Affter Effect error crash in progress last logged message was <4888> <DynamicLink> <5>

Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I start affter effect I get the following error         (affter effect error crash in progress last logged message was <4888> <DynamicLink> <5>)

I have tried uninstalling affter effect and did an online search but have found no answers.

Can anybody enlighten me or give some suggestions on how I might solve this problem.

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

You should. We put those updates out to fix bugs, including crashes. There have already been three major bug-fix updates for Premiere Pro CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you.

What version of After Effects? Have you installed the recent updates?

What operating system?

Has this ever worked before?

What other software are you running?

Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

Tell us about your computer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im sorry , should have elaborated more:

i am working on cs5

op sys: windows 7

it has always worked before, and randomly stopped.

i tried uninstalling the master collection and re installing it, and did not work.

i have about 31 cc plugins installed

other software: cs5 master collection, particle illusion 3.0; 3d studio max

comp hardware:

Processor: intel(R) Core (TM) i5 CPU 760 @2.80GHz 2.80 gHz

RAM: 8.GB

Sys Type: 64 bit op sys

windows 7 ultimate

service pack 1

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i havent installed any updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should. We put those updates out to fix bugs, including crashes. There have already been three major bug-fix updates for Premiere Pro CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Works!!!

thank you so much Todd, you are my hero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem for months.

I changed my whole pc, mouse, keyboard, monitor, including the OS, version of adobe pack, everything except one thing ...

-> A Genius 8x6 tablet

I never would have thought, until I disconnected and error magically disappeared.

Someone explain to me how this element can cause such a big mistake.

I think the error is caused in the Windows registry.

yo tuve el mismo problema durante meses.

cambié de pc entera, mouse, teclado, monitor, incluso el OS, la versión del pack adobe,  todo menos una sola cosa...

una tableta 8x6 genius

nunca me lo hubiera imaginado, hasta que la desconecté y el error desapareció magicamente.

que alguien me explique como este elemento, puede provocar un error tan grande.

creo que el error se ocasiona en el registro de windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and I found a solution. You have to erase the "caps" folder, you'll find it in C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe. Do it and then tell me if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not working for me in Adobe cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, i update the recent program from the creative cloud. and try to remove the "Caps" folder and got no success.

After effect cc 2014 - install

Update 2014 13.0.1.4 - install

codec k-light 10.8.5- install (doesn't work with or without the codec)

new computer never works before.

my PC

I7 4770

2*8 DDR3 1600

GTX 760 2GB

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I've seen the k-light codec pack cause so many problems that the machine had to be wiped and the OS installed fresh before all the issues went away. This happened more than once. You may have to do the same.

That codec pack must be good for something, but it does not play well with professional video applications. Vegas, Avid, Adobe etc. all have had issues when it's been installed. I would stay far away from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been having the same problem as you have, i can´t find the solution, i desinstaled and installed again but the problem don´t desapear, pleas help! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okak7879 wrote:

i have been having the same problem as you have, i can´t find the solution, i desinstaled and installed again but the problem don´t desapear, pleas help! thanks.

Have you ever installed any third-party codec packs like I mentioned in a previous post? They can cause problems.

Do you have AVG antivirus installed? A recent update they put out messes with After Effects.

What exact version of After Effects do you have?

What OS?

Is the text of your error message exactly the same as the original post in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Every time I enter after effects, this warning always appears ; After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <6712><GPUmanager><2> Sniffer Result Code: 1. I hope you can sort it out. 
My spec:
Intel I3 Gen 11
4 GB Ram
Win 11
Adobe AE CS6 ( I have tried in adobe AE CC 2015, 2014, and CS 6 )

Ahmad23967467czad_0-1649480257201.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines