• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone having project upgrade problems from RoboHelp 10 to RoboHelp 11?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving an error when attempting to upgrade a RoboHelp 10 project with seven content folders to RoboHelp 11. The error includes the first folder name but all the files in that folder appear in the RH 11 project (as do the files from the 7th content folder).   I was contracted to train someone to maintain this and other help projects, and to get this project back in shape, but I'm stumped by the upgrade failure. RH Support suggested that I create a new project and copy files from the RH10 version. I'd rather not deal with all the broken links that would result. Does anyone have a better solution? Some background: This project was originally created with RH7 for Word and I understand it was upgraded from RH7 to RH10 with painful results. I'm pretty sure the developer did not upgrade from RH7 one version at a time. The last person assigned to maintain the project had no RH experience (the old "admin could do this" attitude, I suspect).  Thanks for any help you can offer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the project on a local drive or a network? Upgrades are best done locally.

If you recreate the folder structure in Rh11 and then import, you can ignore the broken links as you go. Once all is imported, they should have dissappeared.

Given the previous history, it does sound like a dodgy project. Can you open it in Rh10, delete the CPD and reopen it in Rh10 to create a new one, then close it and open in Rh11? Just an idea.

Do zip up their project as it is now so that there is an untainted copy to keep going back to.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp