• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML version 9 - How can I prevent a conditional build tag from being removed from a snippet text when I edit the snippet?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a Conditional build tag to a snippet text in a certain topic. However, when I edited the snippet the Conditional build tag was removed from that topic. Luckily I noticed it was missing, but know I wonder: is there anything I can do to prevent that from happening again?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

I think I found the solution myself. It seems that if the topic is open the conditional build tag will be removed if the snippet is edited. If the topic is not open it's OK. so I guess one should be careful to only have open things that one is actully working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the solution myself. It seems that if the topic is open the conditional build tag will be removed if the snippet is edited. If the topic is not open it's OK. so I guess one should be careful to only have open things that one is actully working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that should happen. If you can reliably repeat that, it should be reported.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I will do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following reply to my bug report:

We have fixed this issue in the later versions. In RoboHelp 11, it works fine.

In RoboHelp 9 the only workaround is to close the topic and then change the snippet, in that case the CBT will remain be applied.

Thanks again for writing to us. Feel free to query in case of any confusion.

Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp