• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not load type 'C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll'.

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I installed ColdfusionMX 7 on WIndows 2008 R2 Standard server. When I try to open the admin page , I Get the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not load type 'C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll'.

Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of t@he current
web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about
the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type 'C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll'.]

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +8926577

System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache.GetHandlerType(String type) +21

System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache..ctor(String type) +19

System.Web.HttpApplication.GetFactory(String type) +78

System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +229

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5477; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5483

Any idea what is causing this problem and how to fix it.

Thanks

Joe Green

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Have you installed Coldfusion using an installer of appropriate bitness: 32-Bit/64-Bit Coldfusion respectively on a 32-Bit/64-Bit Windows Server?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the Web Server Configuration Tool. A previous thread for your reference: Web Server Configuration Tool Fails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the service account IIS is using has access to the C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\ folder.  Also, CF7 is not certified for IIS 7.5 (the version on Windows 2008R2).  You might need to install the IIS 6 Management Compatibility features to allow the CF7 Web Server Configuration tool to work.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool NTFS permissions to C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\ folder.  Under IIS 6 Management Compatibility, I installed IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console installed.  Web Server Configuration tool doesn't work because my IIS version is 7.5 and Supported versions are 4, 5 and 6. So I manually added using this article http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/iis-configuration.html but no luck.

I didn't add IIS 6 WMI Compatibility and IIS 6 Scripting Tools.

Is it because CF7 doesn't work on IIS 7.5 on Win 2008 R2 SP1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF7 was released in 2005, long before Windows Server 2008 or 2008R2 even existed.  So it should not be surprising that getting it to run on a more current OS is difficult.  You also can't run it on a current JVM (Java 7 or 8), so nearly a decade of performance and security fixes to Java are completely unavailable to you.  If at all possible, consider upgrading to CF10/11 for compatibility with current versions of Windows Server and Java.  If you can't upgrade to CF10/11 due to cost, then take a look at Railo (an open-source CFML engine), which may be viable depending on which features of ColdFusion you are using.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any particular reason why you're sticking with Coldfusion MX7? And why with a much newer web server version? Even if such an age mismatch works, the laws of technology tell us that the combination will fail sooner or later. There is a human analogy: a wedding between an octogenarian and a teenager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are moving our web server so we got the brand new Win 2008 OS but we are also thinking about moving away from ColdFusion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Staying with my human analogy, if you are thinking about moving away from ColdFusion, let it at least be that you have given the super-model version a go. Trial is free, without obligation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I installed CF8 on Win 2008 server and web server configuration tool was able to configure all IIS 7.5 websites. I can even launch CF administrator website but when I try to launch other website, I get

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Module IsapiModule

Notification ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler AboMapperCustom-2075429447

Error Code 0x800700c1

What is causing this error and how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed Coldfusion using an installer of appropriate bitness: 32-Bit/64-Bit Coldfusion respectively on a 32-Bit/64-Bit Windows Server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set Enable 32 bit applications to True in IIS and the sites are working now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, too, for sharing that with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation