Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFC query union with database query

Aug 10, 2007 Aug 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to invoke a webservice to return a query, and then run a parallel query in another database, and UNION the two with a query of query. Both the webservice server and the local server are CF7, both running MySQL, both accessing tables with parallel structures. The webservice returns what appears to be a normal query from CFDUMP, but then when I UNION it with the second query, I get either "Incorrect Select List" or "Columns with index number equal "1" have diffent types (SMALLINT, JAVA_OBJECT)" errors. So apparently there's something different about the query from the webservice that's causing problems?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007
Thanks, this fixed it. I had not realized CF had it's own Q of Q CAST function. Here's the documentation on it, in case it has eluded others.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=ColdFusion_Documentation&file=00001271.htm

Adobe: It would be nice if the LiveDoc page for a main tag like CFQUERY would link to all related pages, like this one above. Then when looking for information on using a particular tag, it would be much more likely to...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Query of Queries is goofy sometimes when it comes to datatypes. See what field has the different datatype and use the cast function to handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, this fixed it. I had not realized CF had it's own Q of Q CAST function. Here's the documentation on it, in case it has eluded others.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=ColdFu...

Adobe: It would be nice if the LiveDoc page for a main tag like CFQUERY would link to all related pages, like this one above. Then when looking for information on using a particular tag, it would be much more likely to find the related page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation