• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recd following error when attempt to open ebook using ADE 4.0 : "Unable to Download. Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR" iMac 10.8.5 Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recd following error when attempt to open ebook using ADE 4.0  : "Unable to Download. Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR" iMac 10.8.5  Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124

chat with customer service at book company i purchased file:

"Me: I installed the proper adobe software, adobe digital editions 3.0 (now have updated to 4.0) on my mac running os 10.85 however I am getting the following error code when i try to open the file:

"Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR"

Charles P.: Okay, what you need to do unfortunately, is contact Adobe at  http://www.adobe.com and they will need to get your license issue resolved.

Charles P.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Me: title of error is    Unable to Download

Me: i dont see how that would be an adobe problem?

Charles P.: I understand, but it appears that the reason for the download issue is because of the license error the license is related to the Adobe Digital editions software. I understand how this could be confusing but it's due to the authorization of the ADE software. Adobe would need to correct your account issue with the license

Me: ok but i thought this was a free license from adobe??!!  this is just a digital editions reader, right??

Charles P.: That is correct it is a free license but your account has to be associated with one license and yes the Digital edition is a ebook reader that our ebooks use for you to view

"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem! And my chat with adobe support was even less helpful. I was told to contact them between 8 and 7. Apparently "24 hour chat support" is meaningless *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How strange.  I got the same error  and had about the same conversation. They have a problem here. I have been technical for 20 years. The answer I got was "it's a problem they are working on". I think it's a waiting game at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well while I "wait". Im trying to get my money back for books I have no access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, just for the halibut I tried opening the book again today and , GLORY BE!,  it worked.

Guess it may have taken overnight for Adobe to OK my license to their free ADE software. Also works now using Bluefire app as the reader on my android phone, although it was a pain

to get the book file in the right file folder for bluefire to see it.

I hope that time also heels the issue with all other Error Getting License users.

panman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines