• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Creating .NET Object

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas what to do here? I don't know what to put in the assemble attribute. I don't know any .net at all actually....

I get this error: Class System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry not found in the specified assembly list.
The assembly that contains the class must be provided to the assembly attribute.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You put the path to the EXE / DLL file(s)
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/Tags_m-o_09.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, check out the assembly attribute in the cfobject tag. It's also in the arguments list in the createobject() function. Depends on which way you like better to instantiate objects.

You can use the direct path to the assemly, i.e. "<cfobject ...assembly="c:\dlls\test.dll">" or if you don't include the absolute path it'll look in the global assembly cache (which you can register custom .DLLs with the gacutil.exe) or in the $CF_HOME\WEB-INF\cfclasses\dotNetProxy directory. I just tend to drop the dll's in the dotNetProxy directory and add the filename to the assembly tag. So in your case, copy the system.directoryservices.dll from your c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\ directory to the dotNetProxy directory and all will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation