Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/hide buttons get lost

Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I zip a help project and move it to another computer, then the show/hide buttons are always missing. It is possible to correct this again, of course. But as we have to transfer our help quite often it would be nice if this problem could be eliminated for good.

We use the "Traditional (no skin)" layout and RH2002. We use the standard show/hide buttons. To correct the missing buttons, I right-click the SSL, select "Properties", select the third tab (I think this is "Layout") and then search for the image files by clicking the show/hide symbols. These image files are IN the help project folder and are correctly zipped togather with the rest of the project, but nevertheless after unzipping the image links in the project are always broken and need to be corrected again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the topic on Rick's site, especially the Parting Thoughts paragraphs follow this link.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian, thanks for the point allthough my problem is a bit different. I miss my hide/show buttons (to collapse or restore the navigation pane), not the next/previous buttons.

It is possible to correct the image paths again and produce a working help, but each time I transfer the entire help project folder (including the hide/show image files) to another computer, I have to correct the paths again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think I found it now myself. The absolute path is stored in the *.hpr file. When I remove the absolute part then the help project can be transferred to another computer without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp