• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change "Show" Link Name

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am trying to change the "Show" link to "Display All Help" when viewing my compiled help project. I have gone into the project settings, advanced options and opened the LNG File tab. Under [Common], I have changed "Show=Show" to "Show=Display All Help," but it still says "Show" when the project is uploaded to my server and visitors launch the online help. I'm using RoboHelp 6 with FlashHelp set as the primary layout. I'd appreciate any help or ideas anyone might have. Thanks,
Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the LNG file is not get through to the server. Check the properties on the server version and on the local version.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter. Thanks a lot for the help. I've looked through the project folder and a file called RoboEX32.LNG exists in the main folder, but there is no LNG file in the !SSL!/FlashHelp folder, which is what is uploaded to the server. Is there a setting somewhere I missed or something wrong with my layout generation that this file isn't being included? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I got an email from RoboWizard with some information on this. This is what he said,

I don't believe the .LNG file is among the mix of output files. Seems there is an issue with the LNG file not working to influence a change in the output.

However, the fix seems easy enough. Inside the topic, where the code for the show link appears, a function named addShowButton() is called. A brief look at the .JS files seems to indicate the file named whtopic.js holds the function. Soooo, to set things the way the user wants to see, they will need to amend the whtopic.js file, locate the addShowButton
function and configure the text they wish to see. Once they do this, the topic should display as intended.

It's interesting because I did find the LNG file in my output! I didn't however test changing anything.

Hope that helps.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the quick response. I found the .JS file and the addShowButton() function, which I changed manually. I'm unable to upload the project to the server for a little while, but I assume this will fix the problem. I just hope it doesn't change back every time I generate a new layout.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but the addshowbutton function does not show up in my whtopic.js file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but the addshowbutton function does not show up in my whtopic.js file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the title the correct way rather than this back door method that was to fix a particular problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Have you tried changing the title the correct way rather than this back door method that was to fix a particular problem?"

Correct way is what I am seeking; I can find no other information of how to stop each topic from having the word SHOW appear above the topic title and my company is eager for a solution. Thanks in advance for your help if there's a way to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File | Project Settings | Advanced Button | LNG files and scroll down looking for Show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU DA MAN DA MAN DA MAN!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now.... how the HECK can I get the help file to display the default to be the wwb_help.htm (frames page) instead of just the topic being displayed?? I mean, the customer clicks on the help button in a GUI, it calls the topic but doesn't show the topic INSIDE the frames page FIRST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you mean is how do you call the help so that a specific topic opens with the TOC and the toolbar instead of on its own with just Show. If so, see the topic on Calling Webhelp using URLs on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OMG if this works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp