• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 deprecating Flash forms what used to replace cfgrid?

Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently updated from CF8 to CF11. Getting ready to create interfaces with several new databases. Need to use something like CFGRID in new forms, but since that is a Flash form component and Flash forms are deprecated in CF11, what is the alternative for non-Flash forms for those who need a sub-form with ADD/EDIT/DELETE features like CFGRID? Looks like spreadsheets feature is just for data output/display, not data input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Thanks Carl. I have noticed that jQuery seems to be the answer. Just wanted to check that I was not overlooking something in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend moving away from CFGRID and using a community-supported UI library that does what you need, such as jQuery and JQGrid or Datatables.  There are several JavaScript grid controls/libraries out there.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Carl. I have noticed that jQuery seems to be the answer. Just wanted to check that I was not overlooking something in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation