• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm having a problem reading a library book that I've transferred to my Kobo reader

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to read a book that I've transferred from the public library to my Kobo ereader, and when I click on the book on my reader, I get the following message:  Oops!  This document couldn't be opened.  This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again.  What do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and I am very unhappy with this.  Adobe cannot help.  Kobo cannot help.  So, who can answer our question???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After numerous attempts at resetting the ereader, de-authorizing and re-authorizing, I also went through through the ereader in Explorer and removed what looked like 3 different adobe id authorizations.  Seems they don't get refreshed.  i decided to uninstall adobe digital editions.  I installed version 3.0 for PC.  I restarted my computer.  When I added the library book to ereader from adobe digital editions, it asked to authorize the ereader, i did.  Now i can read my library book on the Kobo Touch.

Hope this helps someone else as this has been a very time consuming and frustrating few days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines