• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chm file to webhelp?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive, I am a newbie just learning and have inherited a CHM file.

I would like to make this a webhelp file so that I can have it on my server so customers can access via web browser...

Is this possible?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you inherited just the CHM file or the project that it was created from?

If it is just the CHM, first see the topic on my site about Reverse Engineering.

Once you have a project, then producing webhelp is simply a matter of generating a different output from the project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited the entire project and found a mpj file that I opened in my robobhelp 5.2

I noticed all the of the html files were considered 'broken' links, so I restored them.

Then, I clicked the single source WEBHELP and followed the wizard to create a new folder.

then in that new folder I launched the default html file and the help system worked great.

So, I then deleted the original folder (I have a backup) and was left with the folder that was created for the robohelp file.

Now, I want to open those files and make changes but I can't figure out how!

Peter, you have be patient and just fantastic with your help, I thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you generated the webhelp and then went and generated the source. Please tell me otherwise.

If you do still have the original, then start again with that. 5.2 will convert the mpj to an xpj and you use that to open the project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I did.

So, if I understand you correctly...
1) start again and it will convert the mpj to a xpj
2) generate robohelp but dont use that newly generated folder for edits, rather used the newly created xpj file.

does that sound correcdt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry but can you be more specific. "That newly generated folder" That sounds like the output folder.

You edit source and generate an output for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp