• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using ADE on PC; downloaded ebook and it shows up under "My Digital Editions" folder under Documents, but ADE won't add it; I get error code "System.IO.FileNotFoundException"; please help!

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for all possible problems.  I have only used one computer so I'm not trying to access a file downloaded to another computer.  I added Adobe Digital Editions as an excepted program under windows firewall.  What else could be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file extension of the file that appeared in the "My Digital Editions" folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Properties, it says it is a PDF file with a pdf extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the PDF open in Adobe Reader (or any other PDF reader, like Foxit)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it won't open with Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the file in a text editor and send me the first line? It sounds like you may not have a valid PDF. The first line should look something like:

%PDF-1.6 %âãÏÓ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the so-called PDF won't open at all.  I also tried accessing other ACSM files via Adobe Digital Editions, but they won't download at all, so it seems to be something wrong with the ADE program itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kellyrei wrote:

I also tried accessing other ACSM files 

Are you trying to open a PDF file, or and ACSM file? Also, when you say it won't open at all, did you try opening it in Notepad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I was able to open it in Notepad, the first line is as below (except in one line):

%PDF-1.5

%âãÏÓ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the information provided, it sounds like the pdf file in question is corrupted. I would recommend  re-downloading it and seeing if that helps. Also are you getting any error messages when trying to access the other ACSM files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe not relevant, but I seem to remember ADE asking what files to download and ASCM was one of those files. I had a problem until I chose that from the 4 options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error messages, just nothing happens.  I had that one file successfully download, I thought, but as you say, seems to be corrupted.  I have tried several other ACSM files, but nothing happens; ADE opens but no file is downloaded and no error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ADE are you running? Are you trying to do the download over Wi-fi?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADE 4.0 and yes I'm using wi-fi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines