• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit an animated GIF in CS6

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked all over but have yet to find a good tutorial on how to edit an existing GIF I've found on the web. What is the best way to take an existing animated GIF and add text or images on it in CS6? BTW there are lots of tutorials on how to create a gif from scratch from a video but they don't help on editing an existing GIF.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2013 Dec 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are tutorials for making a GIF from video.

The question posed is how to edit an existing GIF.

I've been searching the web too, sans any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you should be able to edit a gif the same way you create one.  I just opened a gif I pulled off the web, and opened it in PS.  All the frames were shown as layers.  I could then click on any of the layers or frames in the frame animation pane and update edit them.  In the pop up menu on the timeline you can select "New Layers Visible in All Frames" if you want to add text that will show in all the gif frames or you can editing one by one by unchecking that selection.  Have you tried editing a gif, and what issues are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I had trouble knowing how to open and correctly save the modified gif.

Stumbled through it, with your note, and seem to have figured it out.

Thanks very much for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for!!  (the new layers visible in all frames option)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines