• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Advancement in the Audio recording Captivate 2

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to record audio for a power point presentation within Captivate 2. After importing, I click on the edit button. I can then see all of my slides. I then click on Audio. And audio box appears. I start recording and want to advance to the next slide to record, like I was able to in version 1. When I click on the blue arrow to advance to the next slide it doesn't do this. Does anyone know if this is a bug? Or how I can get it to advance so I record the subsequent slides in my presentation? Thanks so much.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob and welcome to our community

A couple of things come to mind here.

I'm guessing that you aren't simply on the last slide, where the next button isn't enabled. So I'll skip to the second possible explanation.

Note that you really don't see much of a change when you click the arrow. About the only real indication things have changed is what you see placed in the title bar of the Record Audio dialog. So I'd just double-check to ensure that if it perhaps says something like Record Audio - Slide 2 that after you click the arrow it still says Record Audio - Slide 2.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

I've got an update to my earlier reply. There is a difference in whether you get the arrows to advance. It depends on how you opened the Record Audio dialog. Here's the deal.

If you are on perhaps slide 4 and click Audio > Record... you have arrows on the Record Audio dialog that allow you to navigate from slide to slide and record audio for each slide.

But if you are on the same slide and open the Record Audio dialog by clicking the Slide Properties link followed by the Audio tab and the Record New... button, the arrows are visible on the dialog but are disabled.

Hopefully this helps a smidge... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Dear Rick,
I really appreciate your attempt to answer my question, but I am still in the dark...so much so that I went back to Captivate 1. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I taught a fully online class by narrating PowerPoint presentations with Captivate 1. I did so my importing the PowerPoint presentations and then recording over them one by one. As I did so I could actually see the relevant slide in a large format, large enough so that I could read every word. When I was finished talked about a particular slide, I hit the advance button and the new slide would appear. When I try to do the same thing with Captivate 2, slide 1 stays there no matter what slide I am talking about. The slides beyond slide 1 are shown in small format to the left of my screen, but they are far too small for me to read.
(There is a second, much smalerl problem. In Captivate 1, you did a sound check and then had to deliberately start the official recording. With Captivate 2, when you are finished with the sound check, recording automatically starts on slide 1.)
I hope this makes my problem a little clearer and that you can tell me how to fix it. I can print off paper copies of my PowerPoint presentation and narrate from them, but that seems like a real step backwards.
Thanks,
Rob Mayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources