• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help F_ApiEnableUnicode(True) returns -1.

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With FM 12 and fdk 12 the F_ApiEnableUnicode(True)  returns -1. Help me pls.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FDK documentation shows this function as returning nothing (VoidT), so a -1 (or anything) seems fine to me. Is there a particular reason you think you should get a different return? Do you suspect the function is not working?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The function is not working, with FM 10 I haven't this kind of problem. I tested the following code as described in fdkprogrammerguide.pdf and the result is incorrect, it displayed  the same characters both with Unicode disabled / enabled

F_ApiEnableUnicode(False);

F_ApiAlert("This is Unicode: \xC3\xA4 \xEB\xAE\xA4 \xD8\xB4",FF_ALERT_CONTINUE_NOTE);

F_ApiEnableUnicode(True);

F_ApiAlert("This is Unicode: \xC3\xA4 \xEB\xAE\xA4 \xD8\xB4",FF_ALERT_CONTINUE_NOTE);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Arnis – this needs moving to the Scripting forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

f.gallo,

I can't duplicate this. When I compile your code with the FDK12 and run it in FM12, the results are as expected. The second prompt shows the correct Unicode characters.

Are you using FDK12? What is your development environment?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I compile with FDK12 and I use FM12,in VS2010. Doing other tests I have a doubt regarding the switch from FM10 to FM12. On my pc I installed both FM 10 and FM12, (I need to test both configuration) and  sometimes change the default FM application, by setting the path and changing the regedit, may be I wrong something in the settings, because the same appened with FM10, I reinstalled FM10 and it runs well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid I have no further input. This seems to be a core function of FM and it should just work.  If you are changing things in the registry, it's anyone's guess what might happen. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines