Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp folder

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, folks.

I'm working on a webhelp project and everything was going wonderful until I did a compile. RH clears out my Webhelp folder and recompiles without any errors. However, when I go into the folder to check that the files are there, over half are missing--the skins, some of supporting files, and specifically my default topic.

I've not changed anything on my settings and can't think of why RH is doing this. I'm sure it's user error. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Is this the first time you have compiled? An incomplete compile is an indication that the installation of RH was not done properly.

It needs to be installed with your logon and with admin rights attached. There's a topic on my site about installing RoboHelp.

Post back if that is not it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

No this isn't the first time I compiled. i compiled on August 3 and everthing was great. Looking back I can see that all of the files generated to the WebHelp folder. However, from that point on only about 1/2 of the files are making it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickest solution is to try generating to a new folder. If that works, then delete the old one and then recreate it. After that you should be able to publish to your "original" location.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I ran the compile again to a new folder and still no luck. However, the following message did display while I was running the compile.

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.50 (13.10.801)...

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: SF_HOMEPAGE_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 5 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

I have reinstalled the application, but still get the message. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't think your login has admin rights. Please check with your IT guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp