Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Robo Help adding extra code

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using RoboHelp 10 version 10.0.1.292

I am trying to write the code and then input into Robo help for future editing. I am new to HTML and RoboHelp as well.

The issue is when I add the code like so below it comes out with an added  <p>&#160;</p> in robohelp code and causes the Iframe to not work for one of the drop down menus. Is it possible to disable this feature adding this in or a way to get the Iframe to still work? In screen shot is what the problem is the info highlighted after the Account portion.

Capture.PNG

My Code Below

<body>

<header>

<span id="pagetitle">Account</span>

<div id="container-pageselect">

<iframe src="Menu/MainMenu.html"></iframe>

</div>

</header>

<div id="content">

<div class="content-wrapper">

<div id="help-content">

Robo Helps Output

<body>

<header> <span id="pagetitle">Account</span>

<div id="container-pageselect">

<iframe src="Menu/MainMenu.html">

<p>&#160;</p>

</iframe>

</div>

</header>

<div id="content">

<div class="content-wrapper">

<div id="help-content">

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp is not an HTML editor in the same way as say Dreamweaver. The editor can add processing instructions that tell Rh how to create the output files but those PIs do not get into the help. HTML editors in the general sense have the same code in the source and the output.

That is one reason the editor is different. It also assumes that the majority of users will not have the same HTML skills as someone using say Dreamweaver and it is designed to make some corrections automatically. Sometimes though the result of that is Rh makes changes you don't want.

I'm wondering why you are coding in a text editor though when Rh is designed to write the code for you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter said: this is a known issue. To avoid this, don't open the form in WYSIWYG mode. If you only use HTML mode, it will work fine.

Peter Grainge: I also prefer text editors as they are generally superior to the HTML mode.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a lovely quote on these forums many years back "Notepad, the HTML editor of choice for men".

Roger Nilsson from Alaska if I recall correctly.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp