• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9-Can the !SSL! folder be deleted?

Participant ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to my earlier post from today, I am still trying to figure out how to remedy my issue.

Will it hurt if I delete the !SSL! folder? From what I can gather, the SSL folder updates every time you generate the layout to see the user guide in its online version.

Will the !SSL! folder be recreated by RoboHelp?

Thank you again,

Michele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I might clear everything inside the !SSL! folder but leave the actual folder. Of course there is no harm in actually deleting the folder itself. RoboHelp *SHOULD* re-create it. But generally, RoboHelp will create a new folder inside that folder for each of the layouts you choose to generate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting new threads just confuses the issue, I had to look for the other one to see what the root problem is.

The long path name is probably related to how you are zipping or the tool used. If it is picking up the path to your profile, that is a common cause of long path name problems. Create a folder such as C:\RhProjects and move your stuff there.

The reason Rh puts the SSL folder within exclamation marks is that stops the folder appearing in Project Manager when the output files would then be looked on as source files. Chaos ensues.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to Peter, all of my Robohelp projects ARE under C:My RoboHelp Projects.

The output is correct when I view it that is why I am so confused about there being issues when I try to zip the SSL folder.

I will take Rick's idea and delete items out of the SSL folder and hopefully the right output will go there after I generate the output.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MyRoboHelpProjects is, by default, within your user profile so its true path is something like below, unless you have moved it.

C:\Users\Michele\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects.

It may not have anything to do with the zipping problem but it is a possibility.

When you generate, Rh automatically trashes the previous content in the folder. (Publishing does not)

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp