• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will download, but won't install.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Flash Player with Adobe's Uninstaller, and attempted to reinstall Flash Player. The .exe downloads just fine, but when I run it, it gives me this error message:

ABORT: Assertion failed (WebBrowser -> WebBrowserObject != NULL)

Unable to embed web browser    (.\ie\iewebbrowser.c/311)

I use Windows 7, FireFox 32, and am trying to install the latest version of Flash. What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the offline installer using the direct download links here:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, but I figured out later, while fixing something else, that the error was coming from the fact that I had uninstalled Internet Explorer months before I tried to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.  There's a separate team that builds the installer, so I'm not super familiar with the internals, but I'm thinking that either they're embedding a WebView object that depends on IE in the Installer UI, or Internet Explorer is still the "default" system on your machine, even though it's uninstalled.  We do launch the default browser at the end of he install process (which is also weird, but it's what we do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be the first one, as apposed to the latter, which would be an interesting way of handling things.

Anyways, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Heh, Interesting is a kind description.  It's actually what we do.  We don't know what browser the installer was spawned from, so we just fire up your default at the end of the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a similar problem on my UNIX-based server, my site is [link removed].

(why is it has been inserted here like a text ???? 0_о)

Can not by a life of God fix it.

The error message is:

ABORT: Assertion failed

Купить белорусскую тушенку для англоязычных пользователей оптом и в розницу, с доставкой

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to see any kind of Flash content on this page when inspecting the page source.

I would ensure that your server is serving the correct mime-type for .swf files (application/x-shockwave-flash), and that you were using a recommended method for embedding the SWF into the page, like SWFObject: swfobject - SWFObject is an easy-to-use and standards-friendly method to embed Flash content, which ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines