Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFForm format="flash" result a blank page

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,
I have search the net for most of the day to find a solution but came up with nothing. I am trying to use flash form to give my app a better look. When I use format="flash" with my cfform tag, the form does not render, but if I use xml or html format it works fine. I have checked and double check all the spellings and made sure all tags close but nothing seem to work. I have also checked the mapping for cfide and it points to the right place. I can't figure out what is wrong. I even have the latest version of flash player installed.

Here is what I have.

Server: CFMX 7 DevNet edition
on MAC OS X, running on top of built in apache.

Browser: FireFox 2.0.0.6, and Safari 2.0.4

Thanks for your help.
Jay

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have a virtual directory on your web server for CFIDE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I do, here is what I see in my cfAdmin - mapping section

/CFIDE /Library/WebServer/Documents/CFIDE

If this is not what you are taking about, I don't know what your asking me to do. perhaps an example or a pointer would be great.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this has to actually be a web server mapping, not a CF mapping. The reason for this is that the flash forms use javascript that is in one of the directories under the CFIDE directory. So, in a <script src=""> tag, the web server has no idea what a CF Mapping is.

The files that the flash forms are looking for are:

/CFIDE/scripts/cfform.js
/CFIDE/scripts/masks.js
/CFIDE/scripts/cfformhistory.js
/CFIDE/scripts/cfformhistory.cfm

Alternatively you could copy these files to another directory under your webroot and use the scriptSrc attribute of the CFFORM tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ssawka,
So did as you asked. I have created a virtual directory in apache for CFIDE and cfide (with out the latter cfadmin caused problems.). But I still get a blank page. I even copied the scripts folder into my local web root, where I have other js scripts and used scriptSrc attribute to point to the directory, that didn't work either. When I look at the html source code, its looking for two javascripts cfform.js and marks.js and is looking for both of them in the right place. But I still can't figure out why I can't see my flash form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I wanted my app to look cool by using flash forms. I spent countless hours messing with it. I took the page and iteratively took things off until the page worked. What I ended up with is a page with no table tags or html on the page. Once I did that, the flash form worked fine. Unless I missed something, you can't have anything else besides the flash form itself on the page to make it render. Not practical at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just tried that as well. Still doesn't work. How ever I did notice a meta tag added my CF, can it cause a problem? if so how do I remove it.

Here is what my html source code looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation