• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When asked to enter password the password not recognised by Installer - can't get past this after changing password number of times. Password gets me into AAdobe sign in but won't work for Flas Player Install

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When asked to enter password the password not recognised by Installer - can't get past this after changing password number of times. Password gets me into Adobe sign in but won't work for Flash Player Install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm assuming this is OS X, since Windows doesn't prompt for a password.

The password being requested is your OS X password, it's not your AdobeID password.  It's normal for OS X to prompt for a password when installing software.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria

Thankyou for coming back to me. I have tried my Apple ID which I am assuming is my OS X password but still not working. Is it the same one? Do I have to change the name perhaps and use my email address??

ARTIST TOURING LOGISTICS LTD

PO Box 219, Whangamata

New Zealand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The password being requested is your computer User ID password.  The one you use to log in to your computer.  If your user ID doesn't have admin permissions, then it's the computer administrator password.  Whether or not it's the same as your Apple ID depends on whether or not you use the same User ID for your Apple ID.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks have it sorted - was the computer login password required

ARTIST TOURING LOGISTICS LTD

PO Box 219, Whangamata

New Zealand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same trouble.  I have tried every password that I have ever used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines