Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2 Publishing Question

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivating Captivators,

I have a question. I develop and publish a Captivate (2) project on a laptop. The laptop has a screen resolution of 1024x768, and i sometimes publish from the laptop.

But - the sometimes I prefer to work on the desktop pc. Much easier to see, etc. My PC monitor res is 1280 x 1024.
Our standard recording size (captivate window) is 809x606. The problem is if I publish the project on the PC, all the dialog boxes and captions are "not big enough" to show the full text in the box or caption. Like "Select the Continue Button" displays as "Select the", etc. Even if I reset the res on my PC monitor, the file will not publish the same as it does on the laptop. The font size of the captions/boxes changes too.

Any ideas on how to deal with this? Or should I just wimp out, and use the laptop?

thanks,
eholz1.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eholz1

I've seen assorted reports where the DPI setting affects things like this. Might be worth checking here. To find this setting, display your Windows desktop. Now right-click it and choose Properties from the context menu. Then click the Settings tab. From there, click the Advanced... button. I see mine is configured for 96 DPI. I think if you see 120, it could possibly be the issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Rick, et al

Yep - looks like (old eyes) has the 120dpi setting!
Thanks for the refresher!

eholz1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources