• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import (duplicate or copy) slides from one Captivate 7 .cptx file to another Captivate 7 .cptx file?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import slides from one Captivate 7 .cptx file to another Captivate 7 .cptx file? On Mac version I can only do this using copy/paste one slide at a time. I'm trying to merge already completed work from a .cptx into a new templated (which has more master slides added) .cptx.@

TOPICS
Editing , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Only copy/paste is possible. Open both files, Captivate put them in tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only copy/paste is possible. Open both files, Captivate put them in tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this in Captivate 7, it only lets me copy and past one slide at a time. How do I do multiples at the same time? I'm pretty sure I was able to do this in Captivate 5. When I select all of the slide in a single CPTX project, "copy" is grayed out. How do I do this for multiple slides at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select multiple slides in filmstrip, you can even select all with CTRL-A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the copy-and-paste approach to merge some eLearning Brothers interactions into another project, it has the potential to break the interactivity. See Captivate 9 using an elearning Asset .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources