Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My own logo

Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody can tell me how can I change the Adobe's logo by my own logo if I want to personalize the theme?

Thaks
Jos
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007
Hi guys!

One thing to keep in mind is that by inserting a logo via the Preferences setting, that will only result in displaying your logo in the navigation panel of the presentation (where the thumbnail, search and notes tabs can be found, for example). If someone chooses to collapse that panel, you won't see your logo anymore.

And assuming that you can publish locally to your computer, another method of adding your own logo is to make a simple change to the vconfig.xml file (which gets create...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences>the first tab is Presenters>Click Add or Edit>you will see a field called Logo. Browse to your logo and this will insert the logo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: DHMerritt
Go to Preferences>the first tab is Presenters>Click Add or Edit>you will see a field called Logo. Browse to your logo and this will insert the logo

Thanks a lot DHMerrit, but I mean the Adobe logo on the bottom of the template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 pts for DH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

One thing to keep in mind is that by inserting a logo via the Preferences setting, that will only result in displaying your logo in the navigation panel of the presentation (where the thumbnail, search and notes tabs can be found, for example). If someone chooses to collapse that panel, you won't see your logo anymore.

And assuming that you can publish locally to your computer, another method of adding your own logo is to make a simple change to the vconfig.xml file (which gets created anytime you publish your ppt deck). The benefits are twofold: 1) even if the navigation panel gets collapsed, your logo will still be seen, and 2) you'll automatically kill off the MacroDobe logo that appears by default. Extra bonus: by killing off Adobe's logo, you won't have to worry about folks accidentally clicking their logo which points to the Presenter product page!!!

It's actually pretty easy to do, and involves just 3 basic steps (although the first step does require just a little work in flash):

1. In flash, modify the stage dimensions to 50 x 29 pixels. Drop your logo within that area (you may have to resize/scale to get your logo to fit the stage area). Jpg's are okay, but if you have vector artwork, you'll have better results. Save your flash doc, then publish it to .swf by hitting Control + Enter on your keyboard or Shift + F12.

2. Publish your ppt deck if you haven't already.

3. In the folder of your published PPT deck, you'll find a subdirectory titled "data". Within that folder is a file titled: "vconfig.xml". Open the xml doc (like Notepad for example); you're looking for the following tag:

<uireplace name="logo" value=""/>

From here, all you have to do is change the value parameter...such as:

<uireplace name="logo" value="myLogo.swf"/>

Simply relaunch the index.html page, and your logo will appear in the bottom left corner of the content area! There is one catch to this technique however: if you republish your deck, the plugin will automatically overwirite the vconfig.xml file. Small price to pay, but it beats leaving / having the presentation with default settings!

Hope that helps too!

Best,

Rob
www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks robva65, that's what I mean. I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Noctiz
Thanks robva65, that's what I mean. I will try it.

It really works... thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooh!

good 411 in there, nice Rob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure guys!

Best to all,

Rob

My Breeze/Presenter forum is now online!
www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great work...

But do yo know a way of changing the loading loop which runs at the start of presenter...

It's driving my boss crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey AJR,

If you're talking about getting access to the source fla that controls the opening "splash screen" with associated preloader...then I'm sorry to tell you, but No Can Do. Adobe hasn't, nor do I anticipate that they would, ever release those flas.

That said, however, asm0d offered another workaround, and for the purposes of this discussion, I'll copy that thread here: (asm0d, hope you don't mind!!!)

Rob

"....Well, you can make your own viewer.swf, which loads in the slides in the same manner as the provided viewer. You covert your presentation using Presenter, and just replace theirs with yours. You're just loading in small swf files which represent the original slides. You can even add the XML parsing code to use the same config files the original one uses. Of course, if you need to capture LMS data, you'll also need to add a little SCORM code so it can talk with the server. In most cases, however, just a simple viewer with load / play controls will work if you you really want to ditch the loading screen..."

--taken from this thread: FLA for Presenter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources