Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Joining / Merging csv files into one

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a way to join or merger a bunch of csv files into one file?

regards
Martin
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read them all with cffile. Write a new one with cffile. Details are in the cfml reference manual. If you don't have one, the internet does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Dan, for the reply, well I have the reference manual right in front of me, and I thought about using cffile, but my experience has been that cffile is very slow so merging say like 20 - 30 files into one with 600 records in each would be somewhat time consuming or if even possible? does anyone know?

regards
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, by merging, do you mean simply concatonating or doing some other stuff eliminate duplications.

Not sure about what you find slow with cffile. It's not something that I noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using mysql then you can use the csv table engine which will make life alot easier as you can easily read them into a db then use sql to merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thx for the tips, will have a look at the csv table engine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation