Expand my Community achievements bar.

need some help urgently: I am not able to set the base_url in the adminui of Adobe LC ES4Sp1, adminui loops.

Level 1

I have a fresh installation of Adobe LC ES4 SP1 with  Jboss 5.20 in cluster , every thing is running correctly, but signed document can not be retrrieved by the adobe reader as apparently the base_url of adobe LC ES4 server is not set.

Whne using the adminui  I could not find a place to set this up. In precedent versions  it was under Home > Services > LiveCycle Rights Management ES4 > Configuration > Server Configuration , Yet this area "Server Configuration" is missing, just because  when I click Home > Services > LiveCycle Rights Management ES4   it send me back  to the  the area  Home > Services >, the admui is not expanding as expected , it just loops instead.

how can I  fix this  behavior ?

in jboss application server log  I get these errors:

Error when  clicking i area :Home > Services > LiveCycle Rights Management ES4

>>

WARN  [com.adobe.framework.UITools] (http-172.20.30.11-8080-4) FWE007: Can not invoke EJB method getAdminContextRoot on ejb/AdobeIDP2UI_EDCComponent

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor879.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.adobe.framework.UITools.getEJBAdminContext(UITools.java:504)

at com.adobe.idp.um.auth.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:166)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.adobe.framework.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:183)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:442)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:95)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.request.ActiveRequestResponseCacheValve.internalProcess(ActiveRequestResponseCacheValve.java:74)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.request.ActiveRequestResponseCacheValve.invoke(ActiveRequestResponseCacheValve.java:47)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:599)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:451)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy448 cannot be cast to com.adobe.framework.AdminComponent

at $Proxy206.create(Unknown Source)

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Make sure you run the LiveCycle Configuration Manager(LCM) successfully without errors.

While running (deploying EARs) also make sure there are no error entries inside JBoss server logs.

Also, use supported browsers only : http://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/help/livecycle-es4-supported-platforms.html

-Wasil

Level 1

thanks for your feedback, I followed your advice and installed the application  on a new server with following outcome:

1. the base installation (manual install)  of adobe LC ES4 ver 11.0 with adobe provided Jboss  5.10 for clustering and Java 1.6.0_26-b003) worked fine and showed every  area in admiui..

Afterward I tried an upgrade to the SP1 with adobe provided Jboss 5.20. The install was successfull, The bootstrapping in configuration management  log and in jboss server log was without error.. Nevertheless , I got the same result (missing  " Home > Services > LiveCycle Rights Management ES4 > Configuration > Server> Configuration   area path in the adminui when I try to setup thing in adobe ui)

The error  in server.log appear first time   when I invoque the adminui  Home > Services > LiveCycle Rights Management ES4  in the hope of landing at Home > Services > LiveCycle Rights Management ES4 > Configuration > Server> Configuration   area as explained in the beginning.

It seems the SP1 mess this ejb/AdobeIDP2UI_EDCComponent  but there is no hint for this  during theupgrade .

Any Idea??

So far the problem was reproducible. I always land back at  Home > Services in  the adoibe LC ES4 v11_01 SP1 for right management.

Thanks and regards

Employee Advisor

Please attach both livecycle configuration manager and jboss logs for the SP1 install.

Thanks

-Wasil

P.S. : For attachments, use advanced editor while replying.

Level 1

Hi,

I know this was quite some time ago, but: Did you manage to solve that problem? Because I'm seeing the exact same thing..

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Nicholas

Employee Advisor

Refer to section “9.4.2.3 Modify EAR file class-loading isolation” of install guide and verify the configurations required at JBoss end : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/10.0/PrepareInstallSingle/WS624e3cba99b79e12176bbb2412eea97fb6...

Thanks,

Wasil

Level 1

Thank you so much! That solved the problem! And the platinum support has not even answered

yet (and their first answer ist always: please send more logs..)

Employee Advisor

No ... that was also identified through "more" logs( in addition to server.log of JBoss by one of the dev). Going through the boot.log file, it was found :

<mbean code='org.jboss.naming.NamingService' name='jboss:service=Naming' xmbean-dd='resource:xmdesc/NamingService-xmbean.xml'>

<!-- The call by value mode. true if all lookups are unmarshalled using

the caller's TCL, false if in VM lookups return the value by reference.

-->

<attribute name='CallByValue'>false</attribute>

Glad, someone from es team could help you

Thanks,

Wasil