• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tried RH6, can' t go back to RHX5?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created several projects using RHx5.

I downloaded RH6 to try and solve a publishing problem and opened one project with it (didn't solve problem). I uninstalled.

Now when I try to open a second project with RHx5, I get a message that says I need to use a newer version. How can I open it in 5 (the app that was used to create it)?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me loads of money! Otherwise point RH at the HHP file for the project. It will point out there is an XPJ file but decline to use it. I think you can do it that way. If not you will need to delete the CPD and XPJ files and then use the HHP file.

There's more about opening projects on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the HHP file - no luck.

I deleted the xpj file from the Project folder and I tried to use the HHP file - no luck.

Where ido I find the CPD file?

I'll also go to your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPD is in the same folder as the other two. When you say no luck, what happened?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message - T"his project is from a newer version of the program. This project is no longer compatible with this version. Please make sure that you have the newest version installed."

The strange thing is no files were modified in this project when I had version 6 installed --- and stranger still, I'm not aware that I even opened this project using version 6. (This project does have Tortoise SVN added to it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked once I removed that pesky CPD file!!!!! Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Two problems are occuring after trying your solution:

I opened my project to find files missing when displayed in RobeHelp topic window and the corresponding broken links. They seem to be in the WebHelp folder, though (when opening folder). How can I get them "back" -- nothing was deleted from the project, except for the CPD file.

Also, each time I open the project UI have to re-take out the file -- if I try and open in the usual way, I get the old error message --it's like it puts in a new CPD file each time that I have to remove

Also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see I misread your first post but panic not.

You uninstalled RH6 but it looks like you also need to uninstall and reinstall X5.

When that is done, projects that were not opened in RH6 should open OK in X5.

With any project that was opened in RH6, you will need to go through the process I advised. That should be sufficient but files can go missing. However, It is only source files going missing that is a problem and they cannot be in the output folder. When source files go missing like this, it is because the HHP file had not been updated prior to the problem occuring. To get the source files back, you need to import them and it should then be all systems go.

Do the reinstall first, then if you still have a problem opening the project, note that I did say delete the CPD and XPJ file. I regularly use the HHP file when people send me a project that I need to open in an earlier version for some reason.

Try that and post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your helpful suggestions on this forum and on your website. A fantastic resource (considering when I called Adobe Tech Support the guy didn't know what RoboHelp was!...never heard of it and swore it wasn't an Adobe product.....apparently it's still listed under MacroMedia) I learned a lot about files "under the hood." But due to time constraints, I rebuilt a new WebHelp Project folder using the files on our repository "backup" in-house server, and trashed the original folder that was affected by my installing the demo version of RH6. Everything is back to the way it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp