• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for Maxthon Browser

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help downloading and installing Flash Player for Maxthon Browser. The site seems to think my browser is Chrome. It isn't. Maxthon is a Firefox type. I tried downloading for Firefox and still no download. This is annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Hi pagann,

The site (I'm assuming you're referring to get.adobe.com/flashplayer) is assuming Maxthon is Chrome-based browser because the site uses the UserAgent string information to determine the browser in use.  Maxthon identifies itself as various browsers in the UserAgent string and the first one after Matxthon is Chrome, which explains why the site thinks it's Chrome.  You can use the link kglad posted to get the NPAPI plug-in, or you can go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions and sel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scroll to the bottom if you just want to manually download and not troubleshoot, Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only support the browsers listed in the specs below:

Adobe Flash Player | Tech specs

That said, the NPAPI plug-in is installed in a central location and should be available for use system-wide.  It's very likely that you will need to use Firefox to install the NPAPI Flash Player in the future.  If you don't want to deal with the hassle, you might consider switching to a browser that includes Flash Player as a built-in component, like Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and higher, or Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pagann,

The site (I'm assuming you're referring to get.adobe.com/flashplayer) is assuming Maxthon is Chrome-based browser because the site uses the UserAgent string information to determine the browser in use.  Maxthon identifies itself as various browsers in the UserAgent string and the first one after Matxthon is Chrome, which explains why the site thinks it's Chrome.  You can use the link kglad posted to get the NPAPI plug-in, or you can go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions and select your OS version and then select 'Flash Player for Other Browsers'.  Both options will install the NPAPI plug-in on your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines