• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see timeline

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I must be missing something stupid here, but I cannot, for the life of me, get my timeline to show up. I have clicked on "view/timeline" and a checkmark is present there. I have tried clicking on the little arrow bar thingy above the slide, that doesn't work. I'm in edit mode... what else can it be?

I have tried it with several different files. Any ideas about what I might be missing?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007
Hi Noellet,

Try the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+T

If that doesn't work and you can see the "Time-line" text in your workspace, try double-clicking it.

Keep in mind that you might have inadvertently "dragged" the time-line to some other part of your workspace, so it may not be present at the top in the default location, but may be somewhere else within the Captivate window.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noellet,

Try the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+T

If that doesn't work and you can see the "Time-line" text in your workspace, try double-clicking it.

Keep in mind that you might have inadvertently "dragged" the time-line to some other part of your workspace, so it may not be present at the top in the default location, but may be somewhere else within the Captivate window.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find my timeline at all yet when it goes to miniature size on the desktop the timeline is there on the bottom.  I am on a Mac laptop and the screen is for a large screen, therefore, I can't scroll down to see it at all.  I've done the CTRL CMD T and that doesn't work, I've change the workspace size to no avail.

I just updated Adobe Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, this is an older thread. Which version do you use (look under Help, About Captivate)? Are you working in the Newbie UI which is the default one? In that case the timeline is collapsed at the bottom. Double-click the Title bar and it will open. You can resize the timeline in the height but in the newbie UI it is fixed in that bottom docking station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is having me uninstall and reinstall the program now to see if that

solves the problem. If not, I'm certainly going to try what you suggest

except right now I can't even get to the title bar. On the re-install I

have a timeline but also the wheel of death. So we're now addressing that

problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime you do an update or reinstall for Captivate you also need to reset your Preferences.  You can use the file Adobe supplies for that purpose inside the Utils directory inside the Captivate install directory.  Hopefully your Adobe professional told you to try resetting the Preferences first before putting you to all the trouble of reinstalling the app.  It may not have been necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically, they made me go through all the files through to the common

folder, delete the cache and peak files, then because I then had the wheel

of death, they had to go in and do permissions for Adobe to fix that. It

was a five-hour process back and forth to correct that problem, basically

my whole day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Larry.

Duh, I had somehow dragged the edit space overtop of the timeline. I thought I was going crazy for a minute! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources