• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac 10.8.5 Installation Errors

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see others have had a similar problem- I have an iMac with OSX 10.8.5. Adobe Flash player was on it. When I did an update it failed and the flash player refused to work. I uninstalled the flash player and now can not get any version of Adobe flash player to install. I have messed with this going on 2 weeks now, including following all the suggestions on the site for setting preferences in browsers, turning off any security features, etc. Nothing works. The install starts, gets halfway thru and then gives a "general installation error" with no indication as to what the is problem.

I am hoping one of the moderators can weigh in and provide some answers.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't rebooted already, do that first.

If that doesn't work, the following troubleshooting guide should help.  Specifically, check out the direct download links at the bottom of the page:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I've already done that multiple times. None of it has worked. The installation troubleshooting guide isn't helpful either, since it only shows issues with the browsers and I have all of them set correctly on my mac. I have no idea what the error is, all it tells me is that there is a general installation error. I can't seem to find an older version of Adobe flash to try an install either.

I have tried logging in as a guest and doing an install that way- got the same error.

Uninstalling, reinstalling - same error

Different version of flash - ?- not sure what version it tried to install, got the same error.

Downloading flash installer on another mac and then transferring that to my mac via flashdrive- got the same error

Nothing has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the windows version of that guide has a link to an alternate installer, but it's not on the Mac one.

Give this a shot:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_15_osx.d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that one failed faster than the others that I tried. : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the exact same problem

10.8.5 + installation general error =FAIL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines