• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applied styles aren't showing up in preview or generated file

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a number of new styles to my stylesheet. They show up fine in my Design view.  However, once I apply them, then click on the preview button or even generate webhelp to see what they look like as generated, the styles are not showing up.  What am I missing?

btw.. I am using RH10.

Thanks!

kb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

OK... i just scoured my updated help and found 2 "{" brackets that were out of place!  Oh my gosh.. i'm so sorry... but I KNEW it had to be something simple I was missing... but i really had to go thru it with a fine-tooth eye!

THANKS! SO SORRY FOR THE BLONDENESS ONCE AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the style sheet you use present in the output folder? Does the output view show any errors? Is the problem only in preview/webhelp, or does it also occur in CHM/AIR?

It's a strange issue and we need a little more information to find out what is going on.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... it's happening in the generated output as well as the preview.  I tried generating various outputs... same result... no styles applied - no apparent errors.  Here's what appeared in the Output View for each:

Willam van Weelden wrote:

Is the style sheet you use present in the output folder? Does the output view show any errors? Is the problem only in preview/webhelp, or does it also occur in CHM/AIR?

It's a strange issue and we need a little more information to find out what is going on.

Kind regards,

Willam

HTML/CHM

Starting compilation...
HTMLHELP preprocessor 10.0.0.287

Compiling C:\Users\kbennett\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\WEBHELP TEST\care console rev eng\!SSL!\Microsoft_HTML_Help\!chm_tmp_folder_0\wcareconsole.chm ...

Preparing to create HTMLHELP...
Clearing output folder...
Preparing files for HTML Help...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 1 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating HTMLHELP (10.0.0.287)...
Updating topics...

Updating wcareconsole.htm...

Warning: The size of stop file has to be limited in 512 bytes.

C:\Users\kbennett\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\WEBHELP TEST\care console rev eng\!SSL!\Microsoft_HTML_Help\!chm_tmp_folder_0\wcareconsole.hhp
Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702

Compiling c:\Users\kbennett\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\WEBHELP TEST\care console rev eng\!SSL!\Microsoft_HTML_Help\wcareconsole.chm

HHC4006: Warning:
The file "CommonTips.bmp" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "pencil.gif" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "downarrow2.jpg" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "downarrow1.jpg" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "ex_blue_sm.jpg" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "consolemain.jpg" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "HelpBook.bmp" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "Glossary.bmp" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "HotKeys.bmp" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "CTMtodo.jpg" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "todotip.jpg" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

The file "setup1.jpg" is already listed in the [FILES] section of the project file.

wcareconsole.hhc
wcareconsole.hhk
wcareconsole.htm
CommonTips.bmp
consolemain.jpg
CTMtodo.jpg
downarrow1.jpg
downarrow2.jpg
ehlpdhtm.js
ex_blue_sm.jpg
Glossary.bmp
HelpBook.bmp
HotKeys.bmp
main - disclaimer and copyright.htt
HHC3004: Warning:
main - disclaimer and copyright.htt :
The HTML tag "?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?" is not a valid HTML tag (it does not begin with an alphanumeric character).

The HTML tag "?rh-region_start type="body" ?" is not a valid HTML tag (it does not begin with an alphanumeric character).

The HTML tag "?rh-region_end type="body" ?" is not a valid HTML tag (it does not begin with an alphanumeric character).

pencil.gif
setup1.jpg
SSbag03crop.gif
todotip.jpg
uparrow-Orange.bmp
wcareconsole.glo
wcareconsole.brs
#BSSC
default.css
orange_up.jpg
ACCESSccConsole.png
BUTTON_heartstart.png
HEADING1bar.PNG
RoboHHRE.lng
wcareconsole.hhc
wcareconsole.hhk
Processing keywords...
Generating full-text search data...
Compacting file system...
Compile time: 0 minutes, 1 second

4 Topics
55 Local links
0 Internet links
0 Graphics

Created c:\Users\kbennett\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\WEBHELP TEST\care console rev eng\!SSL!\Microsoft_HTML_Help\wcareconsole.chm, 771,996 bytes

Compression decreased file by 320,796 bytes.

Finished compiling HTMLHELP in 3 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for AIR output - still no improvement and the output view shows no apparent errors:

Starting compilation...
Adobe AIR output preprocessor 10.0.0.287

Compiling C:\Users\kbennett\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\WEBHELP TEST\care console rev eng\!SSL!\Adobe_AIR\BrowserBasedHelp\index.htm ...

Preparing Adobe AIR output...
Warning (CommonTips.bmp) : Adobe AIR cannot render BMP image in HTML.Converting to PNG format.
Warning (Glossary.bmp) : Adobe AIR cannot render BMP image in HTML.Converting to PNG format.
Warning (HelpBook.bmp) : Adobe AIR cannot render BMP image in HTML.Converting to PNG format.
Warning (HotKeys.bmp) : Adobe AIR cannot render BMP image in HTML.Converting to PNG format.
Warning (uparrow-Orange.bmp) : Adobe AIR cannot render BMP image in HTML.Converting to PNG format.
Finished preparing in 1 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating Adobe AIR SSL 1.0 (10.0.0.287)...
Processing TOC data...
Processing Index data...
Processing Glossary data...
Processing Context-sensitive-Help data...

Updating HTML topics...
Finished updating HTML topics in 1 sec(s) : total 1 topic(s).

Processing Full-text-search data...
Finished processing Full-Text-Search data in 0 sec(s)

Applying Adobe AIR SSL 1.0 Template...
...............................................................................................
Finished applying Template in 1 sec(s)

Processing Mark of the Web...
Added result path to RoboHelp.cfg
Finished compiling content 'Content' in 3 sec(s)

Finished compiling Adobe AIR output in 3 sec(s)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's what comes up for WebHelp:

Starting compilation...
WebHelp preprocessor 10.0.0.287

Clearing output folder...
Compiling C:\Users\kbennett\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\WEBHELP TEST\care console rev eng\!SSL!\WebHelp\index.htm ...

Preparing to create WebHelp...
Preparing files for WebHelp...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 0 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.50 (10.0.0.287)...
Processing TOC data...
Processing Index data...
Processing Glossary data...
Processing Context-sensitive-Help data...

Updating HTML topics...
Finished updating HTML topics in 0 sec(s) : total 1 topic(s).

Processing Full-text-search data...
Finished processing Full-Text-Search data in 0 sec(s)

Applying WebHelp 5.50 Template...
...................................................................................................
Finished applying Template in 2 sec(s)

Processing Mark of the Web...
Finished compiling WebHelp in 3 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anything?  It's a puzzlement for me... and I suspect I'm missing something really simple.

Thanks for your help!

I'm going to try removing the updated css and replacing it with the old one that did work.  brb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok... so I took screen caps of the updated CSS results in both Design and output views, as well as the original (and just reapplied) CSS results in both Design and output views... I must have done SOMETHING to the updated one to cause it not to generate properly because it looks fine in the Design view??????????????????

• here's the updated CSS design view:
    updatedCSSdesignview.PNG

• here's the updated CSS output view:
    updatedCSSoutputview.PNG

• here's the original (reapplied) CSS Design view:
    originalCSSdesignview.PNG

• here's the original (reapplied) CSS outpout view:
    originalCSSoutputview.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... i just scoured my updated help and found 2 "{" brackets that were out of place!  Oh my gosh.. i'm so sorry... but I KNEW it had to be something simple I was missing... but i really had to go thru it with a fine-tooth eye!

THANKS! SO SORRY FOR THE BLONDENESS ONCE AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. As long as it is solved.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp