• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Quit Unexpectedly"

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Digital Editions but cannot run it. It opens just fine and takes me through the Setup Assistant successfully. However, when I click on an eBook to download to the program it fully loads the eBook and then the program closes immediately with no explanation or solution options.  I simply get an error message saying the program has "quit unexpectedly."  HELPPPPP!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. I just downloaded ADE to my Macbook Pro with OS X 10.9.5. After downloading a book to ADE, ADE "Quit Unexpectedly..." I reopened ADE and tried to open the book that I downloaded, but again, ADE "Quit Unexpectedly..." Over and over and over again.

What's up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will somebody at Adobe please answer this question? I am also having the same issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone already received a solution from adobe. i have the same problem en it is driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same, since updating to Yosemite trying to sync a book to a Kobo results in a quit unexpectadly error, this was a clean install of the OS so ADE 4 was installed fresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe this is a variant of the problem being reported above?  I am using a MacBook Pro with ADE 4.0 and Mac OSX 10.9.5 and this problem is happening on some but not all (or even most) books.

When I download from the library, the book automatically opens in ADE.  Some books will cause ADE to "quit unexpectedly" when the book is opened, these tend to be those with many illustrations (e.g. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, Bible Heroes by Christin Ditchfield).  But even so, the epub file does download successfully, ADE crashes when it opens the ebook file.  Also crashes if I open it at a later time.

I am able to read these books with other readers.  So they are downloaded.  ADE crashing is a pain and involves extra steps to be able to read the files.  It may be an Adobe DRM problem.  As an experiment, I can make a copy of the ebook and remove the DRM and copy it back to ADE, then it works fine.

ADOBE -- you need to fix this in ADE!

Here's the first part of the crash report.

Process:     Adobe Digital Editions [1733]
Path:        /Applications/Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Digital Editions
Identifier:  com.adobe.adobedigitaleditions.app
Version:     4.0 (1)
Code Type:   X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [177]

Responsible: Adobe Digital Editions [1733]
User ID:     501

Date/Time:   2014-10-25 12:01:29.396 -0700
OS Version:  Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Report Version:  11

Anonymous UUID:  6CE2DBB5-3021-527C-4322-369D5847D5AC

Sleep/Wake UUID: BC05E6DB-8045-4C29-839A-B0A20A97C2CE

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

[The rest is too long to include here]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines