Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing has helped me figure out how to re-install Adobe Flash Player

Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have researched everything I could find and nothing helps.  I uninstalled Flash Player because I was getting frequent 'shockwave has crashed' problems when I played some games. Now, I can't reinstall it.  Tried many times; turned off my firewall; etc.  Flash is not showing in my control panel as an existing program (because I uninstalled it), but I get the message "only one instance of this ap can run" when I try to complete installation and run it.  I have Windows 7 and use Firefox. None of the related articles has helped me.  When I click on "check if Flash is installed" it tells me not installed or not enabled. When I try to enable it, Flash or Shockwave is not even listed under Tools > Add-ons in Firefox.  I have no idea what is left to try.

By the way, it appears that I can watch videos. But I can't access my Pogo games any more.  Says Flash is out of date. I'm very confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!  This worked. Thank you. Why on earth do you need a special (and secret) Adobe uninstall site?  Crazy.  Nothing told me that Flash was still installed in some secret computer place causing problems. (I uninstalled using the Control Panel.)  People like me who are barely versed in computer inner workings are at a huge and uncomfortable disadvantage.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines